About Me

Monday 27 February 2017

MANDATE ACCOMPLISHED


W.E.Cormack once  reached St. George's Harbor. The first was reached two in number, close to the shore, belonging to Indian's. This was in 1822..(Read  "The Beothics and Red Indians ".

 Not  only Seal Rocks is were there were  Mi'kmaq in Bay St. George's ...
Kwe'

 In 1989 I was ,Saqamw--Chief of the Indian Band Council in St. George's . I was First Chief ,  after Joseph Duval . That started the first Indian Band in St. George's .
Shortly after Joseph Duval resigned ,   I signed legal papers drawn up by lawyers , that this Building (Court House) , was now in trust to the band members at this time. 

This was  one of my accomplishment , after taking direction from council ,(mostly Elders), to get a place to have band meeting and cultural practice.
 My mandate was fulfilled. 
I'm proud of the other Chiefs after me , who worked very hard to make this an historic site for tourist and L'un'k people's ...

Pikto'l Sa'ke'j Miu's/VJM Jr.11th.

The Indian Band was affiliated with the FNI. in 1992....
I'm simply stating the facts of who negotiated with the Government for the building, for one Dollar in Stevenville,

Reg Mullet was the second person that signed the agreement...

PLEASE  CLICK  HERE !



No comments:

Post a Comment