About Me

Sunday 22 June 2014

TEACHING THE SNOWBIRDS

Kwe…

I am sharing our Mi'kmaq art with the Snowbirds Group.

My sister Kathleen and I presented,  and I gave a ten minute crash course, on the process of the Mi'kmaq Traditional Spruce Root basket .

One was made by myself and Honored Patrick Gobeil  (Snowbird Team Leader) who is  holding one end of the basket in the group photo.

He also honored me with a Snowbird cap.

.
The Manager was very pleased and will have this  pictured on Sunday for National Aboriginal Day, June 21, 2014 .


 This   sharing  of our culture in a respected and honest way makes my spirit feel balanced with the Creator…

Wela'lin ...


 Thank-you  Snowbirds   for flying over our land and bringing to our children happiness in this
high tech  society of today…








Pikto'l Sa'ke'j Muise..


Victor James Muis

No comments:

Post a Comment